We visited the economic belt along the Mekong River on the Indochinese peninsula, located between India and China. The region is expected to become the next China, in addition to being the Southeast Asia’s bridgehead to India. This is a place where companies leaving China settle and those heading to India stop. When world powers, such as the United States, China, and Japan, push forward with national agendas in the surrounding countries, and global companies compete to advance into the region, what must be done in the region?
1. The Mekong : Symbol of Infinite Potential (Shim, Sang-hyung)
2. Mekong Logistics Network, Economic Corridors (Chae, Seung-ki)
3. Cambodia is Ready to Leap from Poverty (Sa, Dong-cheol)
4. From Landlocked Country to Land-linked Country (Park, Kyung-duk)
5. Still a Young Bride: Courting Myanmar (Shim, Sang-hyung)
- Source: Cover Story, Chindia Plus Quarterly Summer 2013 VOL.11